[kde-freebsd] after update to KDE 4.14.2: Virtual desktops Cube Animation not working

Schaich, Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 29 10:24:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:54:29 +0100
Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> El día Tuesday, October 28, 2014 a las 10:16:49PM +0100, Schaich Alonso escribió:
>
> > You can check for OpenGL runtime support with kinfocenter (graphical
> > information -> opengl), you need at least OpenGL 2 for kwin AFAIK (there
> > were some issues with old MESA a year ago).
>
> Here you can see the state of OpenGL in kinfocenter and the error
> messages: http://www.unixarea.de/opengl-vmware.png

KDE runs the /usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/kwin_opengl_test application
to determine wether or not OpenGL support is sufficient, which crashes
over here [and creates a core dump called kwin_opengl_test.core in
${HOME} if the kern.coredump sysctl is set to 1]

I'll rebuild the relevant apps with debug symbols and try to analyze
this later

Alonso