[kde-freebsd] Qt 5.3?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 8 20:11:48 UTC 2014

Brock Williams <brock at cottonwoodcomputer.com> writes:

> Is there any plan or timetable for upgrading the Qt ports to 5.3.1 (or
> 5.4 now that the Alpha is out)?  My company has some software that
> we'd like release for FreeBSD that requires some things in 5.3 and we
> would rather not have to port down to 5.2.1.  We would be interested
> in helping to sponsor the work or providing some sort of bounty if
> that would help.

Hi there,

I've been taking care of the Qt 5.3 in my free evenings for a while, and
as I've just mentioned in another email thread the biggest blockers are
some infrastructural issues like PR #194088/QTBUG-40825 (installed Qt
headers and libraries are used instead of the ones being built when
building a newer Qt) and the fact that in 5.2.1 we pass -dont-process to
qtbase's configure script while it has been removed in 5.4 (I'm trying
to adapt to this early).

I _think_ I finally got to a point where these things have been taken
care of, and I'm going through all Qt ports fixing plists and refreshing
patches.