[kde-freebsd] kdelibs4 missing USES=desktop-file-utils

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 19 07:39:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:02:05 +0100 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:30:46 +0000 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> >
> > The problem revealed after moving KDE_PREIFX to LOCALBASE.
> > I doubt desktop-file-utils could help here, I'll try to fix it with
> > next KDE update.
>
> Why do you doubt this?  From the manpage:
>
>   The update-desktop-database program is a tool to build a cache
>   database of the MIME types handled by desktop files.

update-desktop-database processes desktop files under $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications
and writes cache to $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/mimeinfo.cache.

share/mime/* is handled by USE=shared-mime-info, and it's already in x11/kdelibs4.
The problem is that kdelibs provides some non-standard mime types and this leads to leftovers.