[kde-freebsd] kdelibs4 missing USES=desktop-file-utils

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 18 16:02:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:30:46 +0000 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:58:05 +0100 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
>
> The problem revealed after moving KDE_PREIFX to LOCALBASE.
> I doubt desktop-file-utils could help here, I'll try to fix it with
> next KDE update.

Why do you doubt this?  From the manpage:

  The update-desktop-database program is a tool to build a cache
  database of the MIME types handled by desktop files.

Every port that installs .desktop files with MimeType fields needs
USES=desktop-file-utils.

It's a very straightforward fix so I hope you can add this (together
with INSTALLS_ICONS=yes) sooner rather than later.  Everybody committing
to kde ports is receiving QAT mails at the moment and spending time
trying to figure out where the leftovers are coming from.