[kde-freebsd] qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz file size mismatch

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Sat Jan 25 18:20:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:02:29 -0800 Steve Robertson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was attempting to install multimedia/vlc from ports using portmaster.
> In the process, a fetch was attempted for
> qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.5.tar.gz which ended in "file size
> mismatch". This was attempted 3 times from 3 different sites with the
> same error each time. I also noticed that the actual file size was
> reported as different from each of the three sites. I'm building on
> FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE. A subsequent attempt resulted in a SHA256 Checksum
> mismatch.
> Is there a site where I can fetch the uncorrupted distfile?

Don't allow portmaster to download Qt4 distfiles for you. All Qt4 ports
share the same distfile, portmaster spawns 'make fetch' in background
for each port it tries to upgrade, as a result you may get corrupted tarball.

You can try instead
cd /usr/ports/devel/qt4-corelib && make distclean && make checksum

Cheers,
Max