[kde-freebsd] ports/185488: [patch] net/kdenetwork4: add optional dependency on knemo

Anton Sayetsky vsjcfm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:20:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR ports/185488; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Anton Sayetsky <vsjcfm at gmail.com>
To: Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org>, bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/185488: [patch] net/kdenetwork4: add optional dependency on knemo
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 13:11:54 +0200

 2014/1/13 Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org>:
 > I actually like the idea to inform users about other KDE applications, but I
 > don't think bloating port dependencies is appropriate way to do it.
 > How about pkg-message with list of ports for the most popular apps (we can
 > take above-mentioned from KDE site)?

 > if you don't know about knemo, how would you know about kdeextragear4? :)

 I'll give you a single answer to above questions. :)
 I think that the best way is:
 1. Create meta-port for extragear (someone should find another
 extragear apps in ports tree).
 2. Add appropriate deps to it. (And remove duplicates from other kde*4 ports.)
 3. Add kdeextragear4 dep to x11/kde4.