[kde-freebsd] ports/185488: [patch] net/kdenetwork4: add optional dependency on knemo

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 13 10:30:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR ports/185488; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org>
To: Anton Sayetsky <vsjcfm at gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/185488: [patch] net/kdenetwork4: add optional dependency on knemo
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:22:16 +0000

 On Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:13:13 +0200 Anton Sayetsky wrote:
 > 2014/1/10 Anton Sayetsky <vsjcfm at gmail.com>:
 > > But kdenetwork4 depends on Kopete, KRDC. These apps are listed here:
 > > http://kde.org/applications/internet/
 > > KNemo listed there also.

 Interesting turn :)

 > Yes, formally KNemo isn't a part of kdenetwork, it's a part of
 > extragear. If your opinion about inclusion this dep won't change - PR
 > may be closed.

 I actually like the idea to inform users about other KDE applications, but I
 don't think bloating port dependencies is appropriate way to do it.
 How about pkg-message with list of ports for the most popular apps (we can
 take above-mentioned from KDE site)?

 > BTW, maybe we need meta-port named like "misc/kdeextragear4" as an alternative?

 if you don't know about knemo, how would you know about kdeextragear4? :)

 Cheers,
 Max