[kde-freebsd] touch buttons on pavilion dv7

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jan 12 22:08:11 UTC 2014

On Saturday 11 January 2014 12:34:25 Mike Barnard wrote:
> I have acpi_hp loaded but these buttons as well as the function keys for
> stop/play/pause/forward/rewind do not work. Any pointers in getting these
> buttons up and running.

Hi Mike,

Does xev tell you anything suggestive about the way those keys are mapped? You
could also go to the "global shortcuts" control module (click K, type "key",
pick the right one) and then select kmix, and then try to configure the key
there.

YMMV -- my Sun keyboard produces events in xev, but does not produce a key
that can be assigned as a shortcut, which is kind of annoying.

[ade]