[kde-freebsd] HP Elitebook 8460p and problem with KDE 4.10, 5 battery monitor

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Sun Nov 17 02:21:43 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org>
> wrote:
> > I see that Alberto Villa submitted this patch to KDE:
> >
> > https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/110941/
> >
> > I think this patch is related to my problem and may solve it.  Has this
> > patch
> > been pushed upstream to KDE, or do we have it in the FreeBSD port?
>
> The patch should not be related as it was supposed to solve the exact
> opposite problem, i.e., battery being considered always plugged in.
>
> A lot of changes were committed to the battery monitor in 4.11,
> especially to improve multiple batteries support, so it's worth
> waiting for the update to hit the ports and see if it's enough to fix
> the issue.

Thanks for the response.
I just looked at the code on my system and it turns out that 4.10,5 *does*
have your patch in 110941, so you are correct.

While I am waiting for 4.11 to reach ports, do you have any suggestion for
any temporary hack
I can apply to my 4.10,5 for my system?  Other than this minor annoyance
with the battery, everything
works great!

--
Craig