[kde-freebsd] Fix 4.10 ports?

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 1 17:43:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:35:57 +0100 Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 23:56:51 +0000 Schaich Alonso wrote:

>>> I've somewhat started ignoring the pkg-fallout errors for KDE ports
>>> because a lot of them are just random segmentation faults in the build
>>> process.
>
> Those three at least are consistent failures and there are multiple PRs
> about them.  But the random failures need to be fixed too.  With pkg more
> people will start using packages especially for heavy packages like kde
> and it's not good if kde or parts of it randomly disappear from the server.
>
>>> In any case: if the failures are still present in 4.11.x (or git
>>> master), I'd say it makes sense to fix the versions in ports as the
>>> fixes are still valid for future versions. Otherwise (ie. it's a failure
>>> only in 4.10.5) backporting the fixes should be easy.
>>
>> I think area51 commit r9387 should be applyable to ports to fix the broken
>> libmsn "dependency". kdesdk was split into smaller packages for 4.11 so
>> there's no compatible patches. step fails with clang on area51. And last but
>> not least marble (4.11.2) builds fine with either compiler but segfaults on
>> invalid memory reads at startup.
>
> My question was, will FreeBSD 10.0 ship with KDE 4.10 or with 4.11?
> Do the 4.10 ports need to be fixed or not?

So?  Nobody cares about shipping FreeBSD 10.0 with KDE packages?

I thought this was a simple question.  If it wasn't clear I'm willing
to help fix ports, but I don't want to waste time on ports that are
about to be updated.  So again, what is the plan for KDE on FreeBSD
10.0-RELEASE?

At least these packages are currently missing:
kdeedu
kdesdk
kdevelop
kdevelop-php