[kde-freebsd] area51 system-config-printer-kde4 failing to build

Andre Goree andre at drenet.info
Sun Mar 10 01:54:22 UTC 2013

Hello all.  I can't seem to get the new area51 system-config-printer-kde4
port to build, which in turn fails kdeadmin4 and thus the kde4 port
itself.  It appears that the two patches included in this port
(patch-system-config-printer-kde__cmake-modules__FindSystemConfigPrinter.py
and patch-system-config-printer-kde__system-config-printer-kde.py) are
failing to find the files they need to patch.  If I run a 'find . -type f
-iname \*.py', in the port directory, nothing is found, which seems like
the root problem.

It's hard for me currently to post the exact output of 'make install
clean', but I can try if anyone would like me to (I have only command-line
on the machine now since KDE is being upgraded -- I removed all kde
packages before I started the upgrade).

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can get by it by not enabled
kdeadmin in the kde4 config, however I wonder if something is amiss with
that port.  By the way, is this the correct way to test and report bugs
for area51?  I don't know of any way to report bugs otherwise...I'm not
aware of anything like bugzilla setup for area51 -- if anyone could point
me in the right direction for that it'd be great :)

Thanks in advance!

--
Andre Goree
andre at drenet.info