[kde-freebsd] x11/kde4-workspace: automoc4 SEGVs on certain files

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Jun 3 18:28:36 UTC 2013

El día Saturday, June 01, 2013 a las 05:57:29PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> Hello,
>
> While building x11/kde4-workspace, 'automoc4' crashes again and again on
> different files, here one example:
>
> # make install BATCH=yes USE_GCC=any
> Scanning dependencies of target
> plasma_containmentactions_applauncher_automoc
> Generating switch.moc
> Generating launch.moc
> gmake[2]: ***
> [plasma/generic/containmentactions/applauncher/CMakeFiles/plasma_containmentactions_applauncher_automoc] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> gmake[1]: ***
> [plasma/generic/containmentactions/applauncher/CMakeFiles/plasma_containmentactions_applauncher_automoc.dir/all] Error 2
> gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> [  5%] Built target plasma_containmentactions_switchwindow_automoc
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> *** [do-build] Error code 1
>
> After identifying that the crash is in 'automoc4', I have rebuild the
> port devel/automoc4 with
>
> # make reinstall USE_GCC=any WITH_DEBUG=yes
>
> to avoid regression of 'clang' in 'automoc4', but this did not help;
>
> What can I do (apart of running the 'make...' in x11/kde4-workspace in a
> while-true-loop, hoping that it will get through at the end, now 9%)?

After three days and nights of compilation the port x11/kde4 (and it
dependencies) have been installed at the end; with the result that KDE4
crashes on startup (exactly: plasma-desktop crashes); the used build
environment has been in detail:

    kernel and user land: 10-CURRENT from SVN r250558 (i386)
    compiler: GCC 4.2.1 (clang was unable to compile certain ports)
    ports tree from SVN r319094 (May 26)

I would like to know if someone could compile and use KDE4 in a recent
environment (like mine). Is this port somehow under continues
integration build, and if so with which results?

Thanks, frustrated

	matthias
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards