[kde-freebsd] ports/181212: [patch] textproc/redland: add ftp/curl dependency

Tijl Coosemans tijl at coosemans.org
Sat Aug 24 11:20:00 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/181212; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tijl Coosemans <tijl at coosemans.org>
To: Boris Samorodov <bsam at passap.ru>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, bsam at FreeBSD.org,
        Raphael Kubo da Costa
 <rakuco at FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: ports/181212: [patch] textproc/redland: add ftp/curl dependency
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:10:25 +0200

 --Sig_/FLXzBegyQPPbOJbdhQCVSSs

 On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 12:27:23 +0400 Boris Samorodov wrote:
 > 23.08.2013 23:01, Tijl Coosemans =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
 >> Using Requires.private does seem to fix librdf.so though.
 >> Executables like rdfproc still link with libcurl, but fixing the
 >> library is at least an improvement.
 >=20
 > The fix at raptor2.pc seems to has effect.
 >=20
 >> To fix the executables you can add something like this to the redland
 >> Makefile:
 >>=20
 >> post-configure:
 >> 	@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e '/^link_all_deplibs=3D/s/=3D.*/=3Dno/' \
 >> 		${WRKSRC}/libtool
 >=20
 > But generated executables still have all dependencies. Seems that
 > you patch the libtool file at the port directory but the port
 > itself use libtool from LOCALBASE.

 Hmm, it does work over here and there's nothing in the Makefile that would
 cause it to use the localbase libtool. Do you have some time to try to
 figure this out?

 With a patched raptor2 installed (and maybe also reinstall rasqal) you can
 build redland and check which libtool is used with:
 # cd work/redland-1.0.16
 # grep 'LIBTOOL =3D' utils/Makefile

 Here it prints: LIBTOOL =3D $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool

 Next you can check if the libtool script is patched correctly:
 # cd work/redland-1.0.16
 # grep link_all_deplibs=3D libtool

 It should print: link_all_deplibs=3Dno

 Then you can check the libs librdf and rdfproc are linked with using:
 # cd work/redland-1.0.16
 # objdump -p src/.libs/librdf.so | grep NEEDED
 # objdump -p utils/.libs/rdfproc | grep NEEDED

 For librdf here it prints:
   NEEDED      librasqal.so.3
   NEEDED      libraptor2.so.0
   NEEDED      libdb-4.2.so.2