[kde-freebsd] plasma-desktop does not display jpegs (and other errors)

David Naylor naylor.b.david at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 21:38:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've updated to KDE SC 4.10.5 however the wallpaper slideshow (and image) is
showing black when requested to display a jpeg image.  png images display
without issue.

I've confirmed that jpegs otherwise works using dolpin preview and gwenview
(and for good measure I reinstalled libjpeg).

Any suggestions as to the problem?

I also notice that the l10n ports are no longer detecting the respective
spelling packages (and that en_GB has always failed to detect en-aspell), and
that KDE is also no longer installing any spelling packages (even for American
English).  This issue I can fix (and commit) although it may mean undoing
commit r322586.

Regards

P.S. Didn't we ask the maintainer of aspell to include at least the default
dictionary with the installation?
P.P.S. Subversion broke my area51 checkout ("svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL
scheme for") how can I fix it?