[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/PORTS/devel/qtcreator

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 3 10:22:44 UTC 2012

Alberto Villa <avilla at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Since I don't like the idea of installing private headers from qt4-*
>> ports, I made qtcreator download and extract Qt source to include them.
>> Given that the distfile has QT4_VERSION variable, this port will have
>> to be updated (`make makesum` and PORTREVISION bump) on *any* Qt
>> update. It is not a problem, anyway, as Qt private headers have no
>> stable ABI (nor API), so it's expressively requested to rebuild Qt
>> Creator on any change to Qt libraries (it's good, actually, as it
>> forces us to update the port).
>> As a side effect, DIST_SUBDIR had to be set to the same of Qt distfile,
>> KDE/.
>
> Is everyone OK with this change? I'll wait for some approval to commit it.

This looks like a nice solution, much better than the usual approach of
installing the private headers.

Changing DIST_SUBDIR will probably force people to download the tarball
again and the old copy will stay around indefinitely, but I don't know
if this can be fixed.

As for DIST_NO_EXTRACT, isn't it possible to be more aggressive? Only
src/ and include/ seem to be used from the Qt tarball.

One last thing: was the change to DESKTOP_ENTRIES needed?