[kde-freebsd] multimedia/phonon unnecessarily requires zeitgeist dependencies and devel/qt4-assistant and devel/qt4-designer unnecessarily require webkit

Denk Padje denkpadje at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 00:08:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install emulation/virtualbox-ose, but enabling the qt gui
forces me to install unnecessary dependencies like qzeitgeist and webkit.

In Makefile of multimedia/phonon I could disable the LIB_DEPENDS line for
qzeitgeist without any consequences. Sources on the internet mention that
it's an optional build-time dependency. So it would be nice if the port
could be modified to make zeitgeist an option.

Furthermore, devel/qt4-assistant and devel/qt4-designer don't seem to need
webkit and qt3support. I removed webkit and qt3support from USE_QT4 and
added the following line:

CONFIGURE_ARGS=-no-webkit -no-qt3support

I would be nice if these things could become optional instead.

Thanks!