[kde-freebsd] Akonadi/mysqld problems

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Wed May 30 20:30:31 UTC 2012

On 30-5-2012 18:13, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Dwayne MacKinnon <dmk at ncf.ca> writes:
>
>> The first file I've attached is akonadi.txt. If you look it over, you'll see
>> that everything seems ok... but about 30 seconds or so after the
>> initialization finishes I start seeing the "Error during selection of all
>> records from table "CollectionTable" "MySQL server has gone away QMYSQL:
>> Unable to execute query" errors. These errors continue to repeat as long as I
>> leave akonadi running.
> <snip>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated. I haven't filed a bug report on this yet, but
>> if the list feels it's warranted, I will.
>
> akonadi bugs always leave me confused. You may want to try the
> kdepim-users mailing list before filing a bug report, otherwise filing a
> bug is the best way to get someone more acquainted to akonadi to take a
> look at the issue.
This isn't pim related. I have the same akonadi issues on a machine
where no kdepim is installed.
Simply logging out and back in will resolve the issue until it comes
back on a flip of a coin that can take anywhere from 1 hour to several
months. I haven't been able to root cause it, but it feels like they're
using persistent connections and when they get invalidated by the
"server", instead of reconnecting properly they go into a busy loop.

This is supported by the fact that I can do the exact same query as the
user running this, using the embedded database and /usr/local/bin/mysql
and get a proper response.

--
Mel