[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/x11/kdelibs4

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 14 22:47:29 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Raphael Kubo da Costast
<rakuco at freebsd.org> > I don't think so. makc's question is valid --
we've been trying to get
> rid of local modifications as much as possible, and it's not clear if
> this one has been submitted upstream and what it is supposed to fix.

The story behind this is: when KDE is installed in /usr/local, it
conflicts with shared-mime-info. Since they both install the same MIME
types, just depend on shared-mime-info. Unfortunately, KDE also
defines .doc as plain/text. While i think this is valid, Dima doesn't.
As a short term solution, I agreed he could just remove all the
conflicting MIME types. As a long term solution, instead, I'll write
an automated system to handle MIME types throughout the ports tree
(just as I'm doing with fonts) which will avoid installing MIME types:
it will just install XML packages and then let update-mime-database
create the MIME types on its own.

How does it sound?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla