[kde-freebsd] kde / device-notifier treats ufs partition as removable disk?

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Wed Mar 14 13:58:05 UTC 2012

On 3/14/2012 08:54, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> This is how the (GPT) partition in question is reported by HAL:
> udi = '/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_size_5368709120_0'
>   block.device = '/dev/gpt/9VM0V8VZ.ufs'  (string)
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> KDE Device Notifier is configured to show only removable devices, but it still
> shows this UFS filesystem in a GPT partition on a HDD under a name of "5.0 GiB
> Hard Drive".
>
> Anyone has a guess why the volume is being treated as removable?
> Is this something in KDE (Solid) or in HAL?

It's not treated as removable (removable flags are set to false), but
yes it will show up. The same will happen with tunefs, glabel or gpt
labeled disks, which is why I have the attached in
/usr/local/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thridparty. When I label all
partitions, I will have to add those too to prevent them from showing
up. I can't really ignore /dev/ufs/* cause I want removable disks that I
labeled to show up correctly.

--
Mel