[kde-freebsd] KDE freezes while shutting down

Mel Flynn rflynn at acsalaska.net
Fri Mar 9 11:29:57 UTC 2012

On 3/9/2012 12:15, Jerry wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 00:58:03 +0100
> Alberto Villa articulated:
>
>> MPlayer doesn't use Phonon. What does it happen if you go to Phonon
>> configuration and test playback?
>
> Could you be a little more specific as to exactly what you want me to
> do? :)

KDE Menu => System Settings => Multimedia
On the left bar: Phonon
On "Device Preference", 2nd column: Audio Playback => Notifications
[ ] Check if an Audio Playback Device Preference is listed
[ ] Select the device and check if clicking the Test button plays a
    sound
On "Backend" tab, make sure "Gstreamer" is available and highest ranking
(aka default).
--
Mel