[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Fri Jul 6 14:42:26 UTC 2012

2012/7/6 joaoBR <joao at matik.com.br>:
> corrupted, yoo... question is who and what :)

Don't know... again : I don't know how you update your ports tree, if
you switched for example from csup to portsnap, if you sometimes apply
patches to your ports tree, if you use area51... Maybe if you told us
what you mean by "manual intervention" to install the qt4-gui port,
that would help us understand something.

*But please* run "portsnap fetch extract" so that we all know you have
a clean ports tree ! After that, try to install or update things and
let's see how it goes. And as a last resort, if the problem doesn't
come from a combination of options you defined in ports or in
make.conf, you can always wipe your installed ports (with pkg_delete)
and then /usr/local/ (keep your precious config files) and there
should be no problem installing kde4. But first, let's see what the
clean ports tree changes to see what was corrupted, instead of wiping
everything windows-like (or maybe no-clue-like would be more
appropriate).

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."