[kde-freebsd] kde4 upgrade

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Thu Jul 5 20:58:37 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-05 15:45, joaoBR wrote:
> Em Thu, 5 Jul 2012 22:15:19 +0200
> Olivier Smedts <olivier at gid0.org> escreveu:
>
>> 2012/7/5 joaoBR <joao at matik.com.br>:
>> > come on ... don't through it on me and do not make such kind of
>> > questions, part of this thread is that the instructions from
>> > UPDATING are not accurate
>>
>> I see english is not your mother tongue (neither mine) but your
>> comments may seem harsh to someone willing to help you...
>
> thank you, that is obviously not my intent, but also I do not like to
> listen to such basic questions
>

>> > and please, if you pretend to through it on me or my machine or
>> > setup, don't spend your time, don't answer, don't  worry  and lets
>> > wait until somebody gets it
>>
>> How can someone "get" it without seeing technical facts / logs ?
>> Saying something like "the upgrade process fails because of the
>> failing install process" won't get you anywhere. I didn't see many
>> error messages / results of commands like pkg_info or other logs in
>> this thread.
>>

> again, slow down, all the facts I sent before, this morning, it was
> only
> necessary to read the compiler output with some attention to
> understand
> what is going on

I read the compiler output but I doubt I can reproduce this and gave a
suggestion to get around it since this does not appear to effect
everyone.

I can set up a VM box with the older kde on it and try to run through
the update process to see if I can reproduce it.  That is why I asked
questions about hardware (AIT card I don't have) as well as non-default
port configs.

The feedback I get through is saying that this is all completely broken
and trying to troubleshoot in this fashion is not getting it.  I believe
it is always a good idea in cases like this to have specific,
actionable, and repeatable issues, documented by several people and we
don't have that.

Rusty Nejdl