[kde-freebsd] phonon, xine, what to do...

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue Feb 28 15:34:06 UTC 2012

2012/2/28 Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org>:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2012 15:19:29 Olivier Smedts wrote:
>> On the 2011/10/13, avilla said about the phonon xine backend "we're
>> not going to remove it, don't worry. ;)". I'm not blaming anyone, I
>> was just surprised to see the phonon-xine backend flagged BROKEN so
>> soon after.
>
> We weren't expecting a XINE API breakage...

Not your fault, I understand.

>> I just wonder why it doesn't crash for others... the problem seems to
>> be specific to the FreeBSD vlc port, or it depends on the OPTIONS I
>> (un)selected.
>
> Please, try building VLC with DBUS option enabled.

That did it, now vlc accepts "--no-one-instance", and phonon-vlc works
without patch.
According to "vlc -H", "--no-one-instance" is the default behavior, do
you want me to submit a patch for the phonon-vlc port to not add this
argument at all in the WITHOUT_DBUS case ?

Much thanks to both of you for your work on KDE and FreeBSD.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."