[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/print/kdeutils4-printer-applet

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 23 13:44:16 UTC 2012

On Thursday 23 February 2012 13:37:03 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> We split printer-applet from kdeutils long time ago, it has kdeutils4-
> prefix both in ports directory name and in PKGNAME, which is not
> inconsistent now with new ports from kdeutils module. I'd leave kdeutils4-
> prefix in  directory name just to avoid meaningless repocopy. However I'm
> not that defined about package prefix. Should we remove it from this port,
> or instead add kdeutils4- prefix to every port from kdeutils module?

The prefix was added because "printer-applet" doesn't mean anything, it's not
a name uniquely identifying an application. Marble was split as well, but it
doesn't have kdeedu4- prefix. I think that where a unique name exists
(konsole, marble, kcalc, sweeper...), that has to be the name of the port.
Where the name only references a tool (printer-applet, svgpart,
thumbnailers...) the prefix is needed, instead.
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla