[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD KDE SC 4.8 features

Max Brazhnikov makc at issp.ac.ru
Fri Apr 6 19:12:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:26:18 +0200, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> On Friday 06 April 2012 09:44:32 Alberto Villa wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Greg Rivers <gcr+kde-freebsd at tharned.org> wrote:
> >> Will the FreeBSD release of 4.8 include the new KDE PIM software, or is that
> >> still being held back for additional testing?
> >
> > Yes, it will be available via deskutils/kdepim4, while the old one
> > will be moved to deskutils/kdepim44. I have to say that my experience
> > with the new one is simply bad.
>
> I tried 4.7 a couple months ago and couldn't get it working either. Does
> it work on Linux? Because I can't imagine anyone would ever release such
> broken code. Maybe we're missing something on FreeBSD.

kdepim-4.8 does work on my Sabayon installation, but it is considerably slower than kdepim-4.4 on Sabayon and FreeBSD (at least with my inbox - about 4e4 mails and 100 folders). I've tried kdepim-4.8.1 on FreeBSD once, I've managed to migrate my settings, but had no success with mails migration. I didn't investigate the problem though.

Max