[kde-freebsd] [CFT] KDE and KDE PIM 4.7.1

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Sun Oct 9 09:49:50 UTC 2011

Hello,

2011/9/15 Alberto Villa <avilla at freebsd.org>:
> The moment has finally arrived. We’re ready to share our work on the
> latest KDE to all the brave testers who wish to give a hand. The ports
> should be quite stable, and if we receive good feedback, I hope to be
> able to commit it to /usr/ports before the release slush, and let
> FreeBSD (and PC-BSD) 9.0 ship with KDE 4.7.1!

Do you need testers for 4.7.2, or is area51 waiting for more plist
fixes before the next CFT ? I'm currently using 4.7.1 and I'm quite
happy with its improvements. It feels more stable than ever (just
using the DE, no PIM, no semantic desktop).

Do you think your work will be merged in the ports tree before the
freeze ? It could be really interesting to avoid the usual major ports
update just after the release.

Thanks for all