[kde-freebsd] Re: Testing KDE 4.6.1

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 22:33:57 CET 2011

David Naylor <naylor.b.david at gmail.com> writes:

> I've compiled KDE 4.6.1 (from about Tuesday) and have the following problems:
>  - Nepomuk (with strigi?) still get stuck on some PDFs and consume 100%
> resources
>  - Nepomuk crashes when it exits (will get around to producing proper
> tracebacks for that)

I've never used Nepomuk for anything useful here (and it didn't work
properly until recently here), but you may try removing the strigi
and/or nepomuk directories and starting over -- it did help here after I
had accumulated enough cruft from several months of trunk and releases.

Strigi puts stuff in ~/.strigi, nepomuk has things in
$KDEHOME/share/{apps,config}/nepomuk* (there are some configuration
files that might be worth keeping).

If that does not help and you are not in the mood for tracking down the
issue, you can try simply disabling Strigi or making it not index any
directory by default.

If, however, you're a good guy and willing to help, the folks on the
nepomuk mailing list are also good guys and willing to help :)