[kde-freebsd] Re: mixups in KDE4 display of certain windows

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jul 16 21:59:51 CEST 2011

on 16/07/2011 18:16 Matthias Apitz said the following:

> Hello,
>
> While playing around with KDE4 from 9-CURRENT ports I encounter the
> following display problem:
>
> When I pick-up a menu, in the attached example it is from the
> Pidgin application, and move down the mouse pointer, the window of
> the menue gets somehow mangled (see attchment): some parts change
> to white forground, some parts lets see what is written behind the
> window, i.e. in other X11 apps;
>
> the same happens, for example if I lock the session and bringup
> the small window to unlock it (by clicking into the dark display),
> the unlock window first comes up correctly, but after 1-2 secs
> its content chsnges and lets see what is written in X11 clients of
> the locked session; this is even a security issue a bit;
>
> What is causing this?

I think that it's hard to answer this question for sure.
My guess is that it is something below KDE: kernel dri/drm driver, userland
dri/drm driver, userland video-card driver, X server, etc.

--
Andriy Gapon