[kde-freebsd] dbus-qt4 dependency on qt4-gui

Alberto Villa avilla at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 29 09:16:48 UTC 2011

On Monday 29 August 2011 08:19:33 John Prather wrote:
> Seems devel/dbus-qt4/ was mistakenly given the dependency of the
gui
> component of qt.

not a mistake. qdbusviewer depends on qt4-gui

> I would have submitted a "fix" patch but I'm not sure that simply
> removing "gui" from the required components for the port won't
cause
> something else which requires gui but doesn't specify it as a
> dependency to break.   So I figured it wisest to leave the solution in
> the hands of those who know QT like the back of their hands.

luckily the solution looks really easy: splitting qdbusviewer out of dbus-
qt4 and adding it as an optional dependency. to respect POLA the
option should be on by default... does it sound reasonable to you?
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Then there was the Formosan bartender named Taiwan-On.