[kde-freebsd] Strange KDE4 behavior after updating to -current

Beech Rintoul beech at freebsdnorth.com
Thu Aug 11 01:57:54 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 09 August 2011 23:02:40 Alberto Villa wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 August 2011 18:02:52 Beech Rintoul wrote:
> > I'm having problems with kde4. This is a bit hard to describe, but
> > something is blocking input. When I type anything into a webpage, shell,
> > or email nothing shows up on the screen until I move the mouse. In the
> > case of a shell any command typed neither displays or executes till
>
> there
>
> > is mouse movement.
>
> do you have moused running?

Moused is not set in rc.conf, but it seems that it's now started by default.
Killing the process results in also losing the mouse in KDE4.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech at FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | http://people.freebsd.org/~beech
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Skype: akbeech
/ \ - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/8.2R/announce.html