[kde-freebsd] Re: start kde fails after reboot

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Mon Apr 18 04:21:56 CEST 2011

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:19:03 -0300, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:

> Gua Chung Lim writes:
>
>> In xterm (bare startx)... gua at bsdhost:~%
kdeinit4 Connecting to deprecated signal
QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
kded(1579)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to find an appropriate lock to
guard the shared cache. This *should* be essentially impossible. :(
kded(1579)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to perform initial setup, this
system probably does not really support process-shared pthreads or
semaphores, even though it claims otherwise. kbuildsycoca4 running...
kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to
children. klauncher: Exiting on signal 1 kded4: Fatal IO error: client
killed kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children. kdeinit4: Exit.

> This
is really weird.

> How about `kdeinit4 --no-forok --no-kded'?
Something right in the
> beginning of KDE's startup process is crashing,
so it'd be nice to be
> able to run gdb on the first misbehaving
application we see.
> See also
http://freebsd.kde.org/ [4] for latest information

Raphael,

I am
debugging something on my own system with excessive CPU usage and am
testing a completely new profile. Konsole won't run at all for me. I am
wondering from this if none of us are seeing this because we are all
using existing profiles while Gua is using a new profile instead?

$
konsole
konsole(48246)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to find an
appropriate lock to guard the shared cache. This *should* be essentially
impossible. :(
konsole(48246)/kdeui (KIconLoader): Unable to perform
initial setup, this system probably does not really support
process-shared pthreads or semaphores, even though it claims otherwise.

That's what Konsole pops out before closing immediately on a
completely brand new blank user.

Rusty Nejdl

Links:
------