[kde-freebsd] Kdevelop3

Mario Theodoridis mario at schmut.com
Thu Sep 30 02:05:59 CEST 2010

Hello,
i've been biting my teeth out trying to get kdevelop-3.5.4 to work with
gdb-6.6. Every attempt to start the debugger i make hangs kdevelop.
I've tried this on 7.3 release i386/amd64 and then also on 7 stable amd64 and
finally on 6 stable i386. All updated in the last 3 days.

The reason i've been trying gdb 6.6 is because i've successfully been running
this configuration on linux, where i build everything kde3 from source.

It's not clear to me what configuration details would be helpful to include as
i tried it on the above platform, which are different and a exhibit the same
problem. Any pointers on how to debug, or better yet fix this would be
appreciated.

Is debugging using kdevelop on freebsd supported at all?

Thanks

Mario