[kde-freebsd] kdevelop 4 and gdb

Luca Pizzamiglio luca.pizzamiglio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:40:03 CEST 2010

Hallo!

Thanks for the reply.
I've compiled and installed gdb71 manually patching the gdb66 port.
I've tried it a little bit and seems to work fine, but I don't know
how to stress it. I've just modified the version in the Makefile, ran
make makesum and nothing else!

I've tried KDevelop4, with gdb71, on a circa 8.1 FreeBSD machine and
everything works fine.
Without gdb7, KDevelop creates a popup window to inform about gdb versions.

On my FreeBSD 7.3 machine, no popup windows appears :-(

At the moment, I'm recompiling kde ports in order to update it to
4.5.1 SC. That's require time, on my slow system :(

Stay tuned!

Luca

PS Which switch I've to move to build a debug version??