[kde-freebsd] Re: Desktop effects suspended -- KDE4-4.5.1

Rusty Nejdl rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com
Sat Oct 23 09:33:33 CEST 2010

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:

>> At Fri, 22
Oct 2010 18:15:41 +0300,

>> Mike Barnard wrote:
>> > I have tested
with compositing disabled and there is some improvements.
>> > Although
it does slow down after leaving it idle for a while. I have noticed

that everything KDE goes to sleep. Kmail is slow on typing an email when
all
>> > this happens, Kaddressbook takes its sweet time.
>>
>> By the
way, do you experience this sluggishness with non-kdepim
>> programs
too?

> no... all the other programs are fine, with the exception of
Firefox which tends to sleep at times... its unresponsive for about
15-20 seconds then comes back to life. I'll give it a more rigorous
check and get back.

> --
> Mike
>
> Of course, you might discount
this possibility, but remember that one in
> a million chances happen
99% of the time.

Ok, for
that issue in Firefox, there's thread somewhere that suggests you change
how often it saves the bookmarks as if you have many open, you will see
freezes exactly like that.

http://www.howinthetech.com/tweak-firefoxs-session-store-frequency/
[2]

Try that suggestion to fix that issue with Firefox.

Rusty

Links:
------
[1] mailto:kubito at gmail.com