[kde-freebsd] Re: Desktop effects suspended -- KDE4-4.5.1

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 09:27:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito at gmail.com>wrote:

> At Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:15:41 +0300,
> Mike Barnard wrote:
> > I have tested with compositing disabled and there is some improvements.
> > Although it does slow down after leaving it idle for a while. I have
> noticed
> > that everything KDE goes to sleep. Kmail is slow on typing an email when
> all
> > this happens, Kaddressbook takes its sweet time.
>
> By the way, do you experience this sluggishness with non-kdepim
> programs too?

no... all the other programs are fine, with the exception of Firefox which
tends to sleep at times... its unresponsive for about 15-20 seconds then
comes back to life. I'll give it a more rigorous check and get back.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.