[kde-freebsd] Re: Desktop effects suspended -- KDE4-4.5.1

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:46:27 CET 2010

Thanks Rusty

2010/11/12 Rusty Nejdl <rnejdl at ringofsaturn.com>

> Two things I found that helped for me in the NVIDIA world are:
My VGA card is Intel.

> 1) Disable the BLUR effect.

disabled, but still the same effects..

> 2) Choose a different window decoration other than Oxygen.
kicked out Oxygen window decorations a few posts up...

> The other random thing I found was that KNEMO is a CPU killer but that
> doesn't sound like what you are seeing.
:-) yeah, not knemo for sure.

anybody experiencing this or know how I can figure out what is going on... I
am lost on this one :-/

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.