[kde-freebsd] kde4 fails to start after update.

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:52:56 CET 2010

Hi,

I have upgraded to KDE4-4.5.1 and all its modules and cannot seem to startup
KDE, I get the following error:

Starting kdm4.
Updating KDM configuration
Information: reading pre-existing kdmrc
/usr/local/kde4/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (config version 2.4)
Warning: Do not know how to create missing GreeterUID user kdm
kdm-bin: :0[1763]: Received unknown or unexpected command -2 from greeter
kdm-bin: :0[1763]: Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 1,
signal 0

Anyone experienced this?

:: Attached is my Xorg log file. I removed my xorg.conf file just to make
sure that it was not causing this.

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.