[kde-freebsd] Building kde4 with kde3 installed still supported?

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sat May 22 16:15:36 CEST 2010

> Testers welcome! If it works more or less fine, it can be committed to ports
> anytime.

I have had the area51 port of k3b installed for a while now (this box
has never had any KDE3 components on it whatsoever). K3b for KDE4 does
build and run fine but it is unable to burn CDs or DVDs.

That is a known error and I have seen the cause analyzed somewhere - but
nobody has come forward with a patch to fix it yet. If I remember
correctly, it boils down to k3b trying to address drives in a way that
is not supported under FreeBSD. Hence, the command line tools it runs in
the background get confused and error out.

- Bartosz