[kde-freebsd] Building kde4 with kde3 installed still supported?

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Sat May 22 13:16:40 CEST 2010

On 05/22/10 11:43, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Sat, 22 May 2010 10:28:46 +0200, Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> We have port for k3b-1.91.0rc2 in area51:
> http://area51.pcbsd.org/trunk/area51/PORTS/sysutils/k3b-kde4/
>
> Testers welcome! If it works more or less fine, it can be committed to ports
> anytime.

Thanks. I will have a look at that, later (if it does not require
anything else from outside mainline ports).

>> I tried to build deskutils/kdepimlibs4 patched, but I only got:
>>
>> In file included from
>> /usr/local/include/boost/function/detail/prologue.hpp:17,
>>                    from /usr/local/include/boost/function.hpp:24,
>>                    from
>> /usr/local/include/boost/iterator/transform_iterator.hpp:10,
>>                    from
>> /usr/local/include/boost/algorithm/string/iter_find.hpp:17,
>>                    from
>> /usr/local/include/boost/algorithm/string/split.hpp:16,
>>                    from
>>
> /usr/ports/deskutils/kdepimlibs4/work/kdepimlibs-4.4.3/gpgme++/defaultassuantransaction.cpp:29:
>> /usr/local/include/boost/function/function_base.hpp:27:50: error:
>> boost/type_traits/composite_traits.hpp: No such file or directory
>
> composite_traits.hpp comes with boost-libs. Make sure you have boost-libs and
> boost-python-libs installed and they are not corrupted. Or provide failed
> command with include paths from buildlog.

Very weird. I can now build it. I did a portsnap update and portupgrade
of some ports (devel/libdaemon, audio/libaudiofile, devel/libsigc++20,
devel/gobject-introspection, security/qca-ossl, graphics/clutter,
audio/libcanberra, graphics/py-clutter, editors/emacs, misc/kdeedu4,
net-im/libpurple, net-im/pidgin) in between. I reverted Marcus' libical
shlib bump for deskutils/kdepimlibs4 and reapplied your patch. I do not
see how any of this could help to find composite_traits.hpp, which was
there all the time unmodified. Strange.

I can confirm that with deskutils/kdepimlibs4 patched, net/kdenetwork4
builds with all of kde3 installed.

You did misspell PORTREVISION in your patch, but since Marcus already
bumped the PORTREVISION and -- at least for me -- the port currently
does not build due to libical.so.44 missing, that part can be left out,
I guess.

Since Andriy Gapon said that he had no further problems with kde4
building in the presence of kde3, I probably have confused the effects
of some of the tweaks I made during the last big portupgrade and moving
away the qt3 headers was not necessary after all. There were some more
kde4 ports stuck, but maybe they got fixed with my rebuild of
security/openssl WITH_MD2 and not by the temporary removal of the qt3
headers.

Thanks again,
Jan Henrik