[kde-freebsd] libassuan

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed May 12 19:42:49 CEST 2010

On 05/12/10 02:20, Jason E. Hale wrote:

> This transition is a little annoying, but I still think it will be much less
> of a hassle to do it all together so there aren't any compatibility issues.

Agreed, that's why I'm writing to try and coordinate things. :)

> I maintain gpa and I could use what is in the CVS for it to make it compatible
> with libassuan 2.x.  They have not made an official release that works with
> libassuan 2.x.
>
> There is a release candidate for dirmngr-1.1.0 which works with libassuan 2.x.
> That RC is from March 9, so there hasn't been much movement on that.
> http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-devel/2010-March/025565.html

Those both sound like progress! Here is the patch that I forgot to
include in my last message:
http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/libassuan-2.diff

> Support for libassuan 2.x is in the KDE SVN and should be included in KDE 4.5
> which is due out in August.

GnuPG 2.0.15 was released 9 March, I would really prefer not to wait
until August to get it and libassuan updated in our tree.

On 05/12/10 07:03, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:

> I don't see either kdepim or kdepimlibs depending directly on
> libassuan: kdepimlibs looks for gpgme for gpgme++, and kdepim uses
> almost the same code to look for assuan (>= 1.0.4) for kleopatra, even
> in the 4.4 branch.

Excellent! Can you test with libassuan 2.0.0 using the patch above?

Doug

			-- Propellerheads