[kde-freebsd] k3b-kde4

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Thu Jul 29 08:31:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:28:12 +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote

Hi Andriy,

> > I'm lucky and it works for me without any tuning. Afaik, Andriy has a patch
> > which resolves this problem.
>
> If you work with DVD disk and use growisofs as writing backend
> (selected via burning dialog) then there should be no problem.

Right ! I have successfully burnt an UDF DVD using growisofs (I had to enable
advanced GUI elements : Settings -> Configure k3b -> Advanced -> Show advanced
GUI elements).

> I have a patch for cdrecord to teach it to accept device names (like /dev/cdX)
> , but for some reason Joerg Schilling is against it.  I don't really
> get why, though - cdrecord supports such invocation for almost every
> other OS it can run on (including almost all other BSDs).  Just not
> FreeBSD.  Well... But I'd imagine that it should not be too hard to
> patch k3b to pass b,t,l format for cdrecord.  However, I haven't got
> around to that.

That was my first thought, but patching cdrecord would be a cleaner option...

> P.S.
> As luck would have it I presently have to deal with couple of important
> situations and then I go on a vacation, so I'd get more FreeBSD time
> only around Aug 20.

Have nice holidays !

Ganael LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.org