[kde-freebsd] k3b-kde4

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Jul 28 23:28:12 CEST 2010

on 29/07/2010 00:10 Max Brazhnikov said the following:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 16:47:19 +0200 (CEST), Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> No objection from my side. k3b-2.0 was released already, but I have no time
>>> for it now. You can start from k3b port in area51, request a repocopy from
>>> k3b to k3b-kde4. I can assist you in tinderboxing and committing the port.
>> I have a preliminary patch against current k3b-kde4 in area51 that may help you :
>>
>> http://contribs.martymac.org/misc/patches/patch-k3b-kde4-area51-20100728.txt
>
> Thanks!
>
>> K3b 2.0 builds fine on 8.0-STABLE / amd64. Quick tests show that encoding audio
>> CDs works fine ; I have also been able to RIP one of my DVDs.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I cannot burn any disc, k3b ending with this error :
>
> I'm lucky and it works for me without any tuning. Afaik, Andriy has a patch
> which resolves this problem.

If you work with DVD disk and use growisofs as writing backend (selected via
burning dialog) then there should be no problem.
I have a patch for cdrecord to teach it to accept device names (like /dev/cdX),
but for some reason Joerg Schilling is against it.  I don't really get why,
though - cdrecord supports such invocation for almost every other OS it can run
on (including almost all other BSDs).  Just not FreeBSD.  Well...
But I'd imagine that it should not be too hard to patch k3b to pass b,t,l format
for cdrecord.  However, I haven't got around to that.

P.S.
As luck would have it I presently have to deal with couple of important
situations and then I go on a vacation, so I'd get more FreeBSD time only around
Aug 20.
P.P.S. I have a major re-write for k3bscsicommand_bsd.cpp (I wouldn't call it a
patch because the diff is larger than the new file), which fixes a problem where
k3b issues incorrect SCSI commands in some cases.  Apparently some hardware gets
very confused after receiving those (only power cycle helps to recover).

--
Andriy Gapon