[kde-freebsd] Specific needs with PyQt4

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Sat Jul 17 16:33:58 CEST 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 22:02:06 Christophe Malinge wrote:
> Hello all.
> I am one of the developper of DFF ; https://tracker.digital-forensic.org
> . A digital forensics framework with an interface in PyQt.
> I am working on FreeBSD at home and am in charge to make this project
> working on it.
> The final probleme is this message :"Cannot mix incompatible Qt
> libraries" when launching the software.
> What I do, is compiling /usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-core two times, because
> we need Python Qt resources compiler pyrcc4 which need "QtXml . so"
> which is build by py-qt4-core but not enabled by default. The first time
> I appended --enable QtXml to the ARGS of py-qt4-core Makefile and the
> second time I removed it because I won't install both QtCore.so and
> QtXml.so .
> My question is ; is it the good way to obtain both QtCore and QtXml
> throught Python ?
> I think this is the source of the "incompatible libraries" problem, but
> I can't wind the good way to build QtXml and QtCore together.
> Many thanks for your answer !
> Christophe.
> PS : I am using latest versions as possible ; PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3 on

FreeBSD ports have PyQt package splitted to separated libraries.
All things are you need is textproc/py-qt4-xml port (depends on py-qt4-core, so
you get both libraries installed.

Message about incompatible libraries claims that you having your installation polluted.
Use portupgrade or portmaster to update qt and pyqt packages in proper way.

Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29
KDE at FreeBSD Team | FreeBSD committer since 10.08.2009 | FreeBSD since Sept 1995
Twitter: fluffy_khv | Skype: dima.panov | Jabber.[org|ru]/GTalk/QIP: fluffy.khv