[kde-freebsd] Specific needs with PyQt4

Dima Panov fluffy at fluffy.khv.ru
Sat Jul 17 16:33:58 CEST 2010

On Saturday 17 July 2010 22:02:06 Christophe Malinge wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am one of the developper of DFF ; https://tracker.digital-forensic.org
> . A digital forensics framework with an interface in PyQt.
>
> I am working on FreeBSD at home and am in charge to make this project
> working on it.
>
> The final probleme is this message :"Cannot mix incompatible Qt
> libraries" when launching the software.
>
> What I do, is compiling /usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-core two times, because
> we need Python Qt resources compiler pyrcc4 which need "QtXml . so"
> which is build by py-qt4-core but not enabled by default. The first time
> I appended --enable QtXml to the ARGS of py-qt4-core Makefile and the
> second time I removed it because I won't install both QtCore.so and
> QtXml.so .
>
> My question is ; is it the good way to obtain both QtCore and QtXml
> throught Python ?
>
> I think this is the source of the "incompatible libraries" problem, but
> I can't wind the good way to build QtXml and QtCore together.
>
> Many thanks for your answer !
>
> Christophe.
>
> PS : I am using latest versions as possible ; PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3 on
> FreeBSD 8-0-RELEASE

FreeBSD ports have PyQt package splitted to separated libraries.
All things are you need is textproc/py-qt4-xml port (depends on py-qt4-core, so
you get both libraries installed.

Message about incompatible libraries claims that you having your installation polluted.
Use portupgrade or portmaster to update qt and pyqt packages in proper way.

--
Dima "Red Fox" Panov @ Home | C73E 2B72 1FFD 61BD E206 1234 A626 76ED 93E3 B018
Khabarovsk, Russia          | 2D30 2CCB 9984 130C 6F87 BAFC FB8B A09D D539 8F29