[kde-freebsd] Specific needs with PyQt4

Christophe Malinge christophe.malinge at arxsys.fr
Sat Jul 17 13:02:06 CEST 2010

Hello all.

I am one of the developper of DFF ; https://tracker.digital-forensic.org
. A digital forensics framework with an interface in PyQt.

I am working on FreeBSD at home and am in charge to make this project
working on it.

The final probleme is this message :"Cannot mix incompatible Qt
libraries" when launching the software.

What I do, is compiling /usr/ports/devel/py-qt4-core two times, because
we need Python Qt resources compiler pyrcc4 which need "QtXml . so"
which is build by py-qt4-core but not enabled by default. The first time
I appended --enable QtXml to the ARGS of py-qt4-core Makefile and the
second time I removed it because I won't install both QtCore.so and
QtXml.so .

My question is ; is it the good way to obtain both QtCore and QtXml
throught Python ?

I think this is the source of the "incompatible libraries" problem, but
I can't wind the good way to build QtXml and QtCore together.

Many thanks for your answer !

Christophe.

PS : I am using latest versions as possible ; PyQt-x11-gpl-4.7.3 on
FreeBSD 8-0-RELEASE

Christophe Malinge christophe.malinge at arxsys.fr
ArxSys SAS, Directeur des systèmes d'information
Tél: +33 1 40 13 53 44 Fax: +33 1 40 13 53 01