[kde-freebsd] requiring subscription for support (Re: amarok-kde4 dies at start-up)

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Mon Jul 12 23:03:14 CEST 2010

12.07.2010 16:54, Raphael Kubo da Costa написав(ла):
> Isn't it easier to just subscribe to the mailing list?:)

No, it is not. A user of quite a few packages -- and a supporter of
several people using quite a few more, I simply can not afford to have
my mailbox stuffed with routine exchanges of various mailing lists
discussing minutiae of every package's development, etc.

The practice of requiring one to "subscribe" in order to be able to get
support is rather disgusting, and I'm glad, FreeBSD mailing lists don't
impose this requirement -- even if non-member posts are delayed (a
reasonable anti-spam measure), the delay is short.

Other groups aren't that nice to their users. We are about to find out,
where do the amarok-developers fall on this criteria...
> Even if someone else does forward your message, you may not get all
> replies if people don't CC you.

I know :-( Perhaps, though, the gist of it -- whether to file a
bug-report or to try a particular work-around -- will be forwarded to me
as well... Thanks in advance! Yours,

    -mi