[kde-freebsd] amarok-kde4 dies at start-up

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jul 7 22:26:00 CEST 2010

07.07.2010 16:14, Matt написав(ла):
> Did you investigate what the properties are for the file
> /home/s/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/mysqle/ibdata1 as Rusty had suggested?

Well, yes -- file(1) describes it as "data"... I guess, I'll try to
simply remove it now and see, what happens.
>   Do you have InnoDB specified as the default table format in a MySQL
> configuration file somewhere - I just double-checked my Amarok
> embedded DB and it's MyISAM and not InnoDB.
I have no idea, where to look. But this is a new installation for a new
user -- created from scratch with KDE-4.4.5
> Not sure what else to suggest at this point.

You -- kde at FreeBSD.org -- are /the only/ source of support here... We've
installed the port you maintain on FreeBSD, and it would not come up
even for the very first time...

Rusty made some high-level suggestions, but would not follow-up
explaining, how to perform them. But even if/when the suggestions are
applied and work, the problem remains -- your port does not work "out of
the box"...

Yours,

    -mi