[kde-freebsd] amarok-kde4 dies at start-up

Matt datahead4 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 22:14:35 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Mikhail T. <mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> Any hope? Thanks!
>
>   -mi
>
> 02.07.2010 21:26, I asked:
>>
>> Dima Panov написав(ла):
>>

>>> As solution you may use external mysql database.
>>>
>>> It was best solution for me for amarok and akonady when i've catch
>>> same problems with
>>>
>>> embedded mysql storages.
>>>

>> Thank you, Dmitriy!
>>
>> Some questions, however:
>>
>> How can this be done in general? Is it fair to expect novice users to do
>> such a switch themselves? Is this a general KDE problem, or something
>> specific to FreeBSD?
>>
>>     -mi

Did you investigate what the properties are for the file
/home/s/.kde4/share/apps/amarok/mysqle/ibdata1 as Rusty had suggested?
 Do you have InnoDB specified as the default table format in a MySQL
configuration file somewhere - I just double-checked my Amarok
embedded DB and it's MyISAM and not InnoDB.  Not sure what else to
suggest at this point.

Matt