[kde-freebsd] Akonadi still fails to start

Jerry kde-freebsd.user at seibercom.net
Sat Jul 3 18:18:45 CEST 2010

On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 14:45:08 +0000
Mina R Waheeb <syncer at gmail.com> articulated:

> On Saturday 03 July 2010 1:35:31 pm Jerry wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:09:11 +0000
> >
> > Mina R Waheeb <syncer at gmail.com> articulated:
> > > I have same problems here when try to start it as embedded database but
> > > It works as just fine when using external database and I didn't dig why
> > > the embedded adopter gives an error.
> >
> > How did you go about modifying it to use the external database? I tried,
> > but it still refused to start.
>
> I didn't make anything especial, Just installed MySQL server and created
> database "desktop", and configure akonadi from Akonadi Configuration Utility [1]
> to use "External MySQL Server". It just works out of the box.
>
> Regards,
> Mina R Waheeb
>
> [1] I have attach my akonadiserverrc which contains the config of the external
> server and it should be located in ~/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc

I used your config with only minor changes. It still fails. Tests #6,
7, & 11 always fail. I have just about given up on it. It doesn't seem
to be time effective to try and get this thing working.

Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
===============================

Test 1:  SUCCESS
--------

Database driver found.
Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current Akonadi
server configuration and was found on your system.

File content of '/home/gerard/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
[%General]
Driver=QMYSQL
SizeThreshold=4096
ExternalPayload=false

[QMYSQL]
Name=desktop
Host=localhost
User=root
Password=xxxxxxxx
Options=
ServerPath=/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe
StartServer=false

[QPSQL]
Name=akonadi
Host=
User=
Password=
Port=5432

[Debug]
Tracer=null

Test 2:  SKIP
--------

MySQL server executable not tested.
Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
server.

Test 3:  SKIP
--------

MySQL server error log not tested.
Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
server.

Test 4:  SKIP
--------

MySQL server configuration not tested.
Details: The current configuration does not require an internal MySQL
server.

Test 5:  SUCCESS
--------

akonadictl found and usable
Details: The program '/usr/local/kde4/bin/akonadictl' to control the
Akonadi server was found and could be executed successfully. Result:
Akonadi 1.3.1

Test 6:  ERROR
--------

Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi control process is not registered at D-Bus which
typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during
startup.

Test 7:  ERROR
--------

Akonadi server process not registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Akonadi server process is not registered at D-Bus which
typically means it was not started or encountered a fatal error during
startup.

Test 8:  SUCCESS
--------

Nepomuk search service registered at D-Bus.
Details: The Nepomuk search service is registered at D-Bus which
typically indicates it is operational.

Test 9:  SUCCESS
--------

Nepomuk search service uses an appropriate backend.
Details: The Nepomuk search service uses one of the recommended
backends.

Test 10:  SKIP
--------

Protocol version check not possible.
Details: Without a connection to the server it is not possible to check
if the protocol version meets the requirements.

Test 11:  ERROR
--------

No resource agents found.
Details: No resource agents have been found, Akonadi is not usable
without at least one. This usually means that no resource agents are
installed or that there is a setup problem. The following paths have
been searched: '/usr/local/kde4/share/akonadi/agents'. The
XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable is set to
'/usr/local/kde4/share::/usr/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/local/share/gnome',
make sure this includes all paths where Akonadi agents are installed to.

Directory listing of '/usr/local/kde4/share/akonadi/agents':
birthdaysresource.desktop
contactsresource.desktop
icalresource.desktop
imapresource.desktop
kabcresource.desktop
kcalresource.desktop
knutresource.desktop
kolabproxyresource.desktop
localbookmarksresource.desktop
maildirresource.desktop
maildispatcheragent.desktop
mboxresource.desktop
microblog.desktop
mtdummyresource.desktop
nepomukcalendarfeeder.desktop
nepomukcontactfeeder.desktop
nepomuktagresource.desktop
nntpresource.desktop
notesresource.desktop
pop3resource.desktop
vcarddirresource.desktop
vcardresource.desktop

Environment variable XDG_DATA_DIRS is set to
'/usr/local/kde4/share::/usr/share:/usr/local/share:/usr/local/share/gnome'

Test 12:  SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server did not report any errors during its
current startup.

Test 13:  SUCCESS
--------

No previous Akonadi server error log found.
Details: The Akonadi server did not report any errors during its
previous startup.

Test 14:  SUCCESS
--------

No current Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process did not report any errors during
its current startup.

Test 15:  SUCCESS
--------

No previous Akonadi control error log found.
Details: The Akonadi control process did not report any errors during
its previous startup.

--
Jerry ✌
KDE-FreeBSD.user at seibercom.net