[kde-freebsd] phonon dependency

Chuck Robey chuckr at telenix.org
Tue Jan 12 22:42:49 CET 2010

Matt wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Chuck Robey <chuckr at telenix.org> wrote:
>> I finally got all of the various qt4 things built, and now I'm working on
>> kdelibs4, but it wants phonon.  This is a problem because it doesn't seem to be
>> directly brought in as a dependency (portupgrade doesn't seem to know about it)
>> and since there are multiple phonon ports which are actively hostile to one
>> another, I can't figure out what to build to satisfy kdelibs4's needs.
>>
>> Anyone know *exactly* what phonon port will do for this?
>
> Building and installing kdelibs4 from my tinderbox results in the
> following phonon ports being installed (this is from the CFT for Qt
> 4.6.0, thus the 4.6 version of Qt):
>   phonon-xine-4.3.1_3
>   qt4-phonon-4.6.0
>   qt4-phonon-gst-4.6.0
>
> Based on the dependencies included in the tinderbox log for the actual
> build of kdelibs4, looks like you want qt4-phonon and qt4-phonon-gst.

Wow, thanks for the fast response, I'll jump on that.  I have another problem,
it seems to want the sysutils/hal port, but the hal port (for FreeBSD-current)
seems to be broken, it's detecting USB_GET_REPORT_ID as a missing symbol and not
an include.  I looked at the probe-hiddev.c file, I think that the usb including
is broken.  I could fix it, but is this true, is the hal port busted?  Should I
begin changing my copy of the port?

Or is there some way to specifically avoid using dbus & hal for kde?  I really
dislike them for the poor level of FreeBSD (dbus & hal) documentation, and would
really rather not use them unless I must (I'd rather wait for a year or two
until it becomes more stable).  While they're well doc'ed for Linux use, the
stuff that it wants from FreeBSD (interfacing to devices) is exactly the area
that FreeBSD is most unlike Linux in.  Is there any way to avoid them?