[kde-freebsd] HEADS UP: [CFT] KDE SC 4.4.0 for FreeBSD.

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:37:45 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd at chillt.de>wrote:

> > /usr/local/kde4/bin/nepomukserver and
> /usr/local/kde4/bin/nepomukservicestub
> > do not exist.
> >
> > /usr/local/lib/soprano/libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so, which does exist.
>
> All three files exist on my system. It would seem that something did not
> get recompiled properly and Nepomuk is not actually present.
>
> libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so should have been installed by soprano
> itself. The other two files should be provided by kdebase4-runtime.
>
> Check that your configuration for textproc/soprano (to be found at
> /var/db/ports/soprano/options) only lists one option, dealing with the
> sesame backend. Then rebuild soprano and check whether
> libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so has appeared on your file system. If yes,
> try rebuilding kdebase4-runtime.
>
> I think it is quite likely you are simply dealing with a few stale
> installed ports.
>
> Recompiling textproc/soprano and x11/kdebase4-runtime installed all the
nepomuk/strigi stuff.

However, I had to manually remove the following in order for nepomuk and
strigi to actually start:
  ~/.strigi/
  ~/.kde4/share/config/nepomuk*
  ~/.kde4/share/apps/nepomuk/

Without removing the above, nepomuk/soprano complained about not being able
to use redland to convert the existing data into virtuoso format.  There was
a "backend" setting in the nepomuk config file that pointed to redland.
 This is due to the lack of any libsoprano_redland* files being installed,
even though textproc/soprano does depend on textproc/redland and it does get
built/installed automatically with soprano.

On a side note, since textproc/soprano uses virtuoso, and there's a
pkg_message for it that says to install databases/virtuoso, shouldn't
virtuoso be a runtime dependency for soprano?  Or, at the very least, a
dependency based on whether or not WITH_VIRTUOSO is set?

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com